Thursday, April 7, 2011

Preparing for the big day...

It was the day before the boys were set to arrive and was to be my first time in a real tack shop.
We have many tractor supply and farming stores around the area I live in but finding mini horse tack can be a bit of a challenge.  I pleaded my husband to drive the long half hour drive to the nearest tack shop that claimed to have everything we needed for minis. We pulled up to a tiny dark shop in the middle of no where...literally... no where, the shop had really ugly giant long horned bull statue on the roof of the shop just over the doorway and my husband made some sorta snickery comment about it.
He then informs me that this sorta thing was out of his element and I was to be on my own!
My girls were both sleeping in the back seats so I ventured in alone.

I walked in to the smell of leather and a swarm of saddles, cowboy boots, leads, halters, country music blaring, and a whole lot of denim and plaid! I was wearing my usual dressy attire and high heels which must of been a dead ringer that I didn't belong there. I asked the store manager where the mini tack was and she informed me that they were currently out of everything for minis (I had just called the day before and they told me they had everything I needed), so my half hour trip was a complete waste since I could get the brushes and other supplies from a store that was no more than 15 mins. from my home. I decided to not walk out empty handed so I bought just about every kind of brush they made for a horse, shampoos, and mane and tail detanglers.  I walked out with about 3 bags full of supplies . I felt like a first time parent again (you know you always buy WAY more "stuff" than you need when expecting your first baby).  But still no halters or leads and they were set to come the next morning!

After returning to our home I decided to try the local pet shop not expecting to find any halters or leads for minis but I love to visit all the humane society kitties that they bring into the pet supply store even though I apparently am allergic to them.  I brought my little male French bulldog who was thrilled to join me on the trip. The two of us walk straight to the back of the store and OF COURSE THERE THEY WERE! In just about every size and color especially for minis.  I decided Flynn would get the sunflower yellow halter and Cowboy would have the light baby blue halter to match his blue eye of course and  my frenchie couldn't be left out so he pick out a new squeeker toy. We visited the poor humane society kitties by the register and were all set for the minis to arrive in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment