Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Updates On Our Mini Project and Playhouse Project!!

Pasture fence up *Check*
Removal of Chokecherry trees *Check*
Removal of rocks *Check*
Gate up *Check*
Weed removal *Check*
Stump removal *Check*
Root removal *Check* (well most all of them)
Ground racked with tractor - Tried but ground mostly too wet and tractor sunk
Holes all filled in- Everytime I turn around there seems to be another one that needs to be filled in
Ground rolled out- Tried but the ground again being so wet makes it difficult
Barn built - The frame is up!!


On top of our "mini project" we also have some other small and large projects going on which include my husband helping my grandpa rebuild his deck and reshingle his pole barn.  We also have a beautiful little playhouse to finish off for my girls which by far has been the most fun of all our projects.  We have some shelving to still put up on the inside of the playhouse, the deck to finish and stain, putting up this adorable mailbox I found at a local craft store, finish the garden path that leads up to the playhouse.
So far though we have managed to make curtains for the windows and pillows, drywall and paint the inside with an accent wall of pink and lavendar strips, add carpeting, electricity with light switches and 3 outlets, I slipcovered a childs chair to add inside as well, we moved the girl's play kitchen inside, framed and hung some pictures, painted the outside a bright sunny yellow, added windows boxes, and painted the mailbox!  and lots and lots of PINK, PINK, PINK!  My dream is to add on a sleeping loft sometime in the next few years for the girls to enjoy backyard sleepovers.
Cant wait to have our first movie night in the playhouse!!
Still needs the perfect name for the playhouse!

 Here are some pictures of our work in progress......




"Before"


"After"
 




















Kitchen area view from front window


Playhouse birdcage hanging light with my talented husband's beautiful stripped paint job



 










One of my favorite parts of the playhouse... The mailbox!  Can't wait to have it up!



Gotta have a nursery area for your playhouse!
Which also ahs a baby changing area and drawers for baby diapers and clothing
which wasn't adding in the picture



Mr gnome hanging out in one of the window boxes

My slipcovered chair











2 comments:

  1. A lot of projects in the works. I love that playhouse and what little girl wouldn't feel like a princess in it. Not much good on names, but I'd probably look up some fairy tale castle names. Or go for something like Camelot. That's just me, I'm sure you'll think of a great name for the playhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you two have everything under control
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete